9.27.2008

I am really becoming one of THOSE people...

This is why I started this blog.

When I talk to people about nursing school, I get varied reactions. At first I think people were really interested about how it would work, and asked a lot of questions. Then it became where some people would ask questions and others stopped.

Now, I have reached a point where I think people are afraid to ask how I am doing because it's like trying to take a drink out of a firehose. I get this vibe from the looks on peoples' faces like, "Boring conversation alert, BEEP BEEP BEEP". By the time I realize this I think people have already been ignoring me for a while.

I am like one of those new parents who can ONLY talk about their child and all their childless friends are avoiding them.

I am sorry. : ( I do at least know this. I just don't know what to do about it except just finish the fucking thing as soon as I can, so I can get a life and have something else to talk about.

2 comments:

  1. Well don't stop telling me about it! My eyes may glaze over a certain percentage of the time... but that percentage is probably pretty constant -- independent of the conversational content :)

    --Brock

    ReplyDelete
  2. Spew away, baby! I'm lovin' it! Hey, my mom was an rn and I know all the jargon and I know what kind of person you have to be to jump right into the middle of the heart of human suffering and get your hands dirty!

    PS: My eyes glaze over mostly from the meds. Don't take it personally.

    ReplyDelete