8.27.2011

Hits from last night

I had a post op guy who was just awesome. after I got him settled, and I walked in his room again, he said, "Hey, thanks for coming to my party". I laughed and said, "your party?" - because this guy was thus far not confused at all. He said, "yeah - all you guys keep coming up in here asking me my name, and asking me what my birthday is, it's kind of like people asking what your sign is, you know? And then they all ask what I'm doing here and why I came in today, and some of y'all want the whole life story."

The funny shit about that is, he's kind of right. We are so routinized and always ask people for name, date of birth, and things like that. It's funny sometimes having patients who make awesome observations.

He needed a lot of cups of ice chips. He kept saying, "you rock" every time I brought him another one. Randomly in the middle of the night after he had gotten Dilaudid, he said "you rock it better than any other white girl". I'm totally flattered!

So, I don't know whether it was that guy's Dilaudid or that guy's awesome, but I loved being his nurse. After we did his CT scan and left the room, he said, "I don't think that guy was all about our party". And he was right, the dude wasn't.

No comments:

Post a Comment