8.16.2011

ZOMBIES!

So, yesterday I had to go to the hospital where I'm getting my second job, for more paperwork/bullshit. (this is the 7th time I've been up there for stuff like this, for those keeping track). I had my kids with me, since they can sometimes act decent enough for me to stick them in a hospital coffee shop for a few minutes while I run to the paperwork office and get stuff done. Anyway, we're walking along and run into a sign like this. While I'm asking where there is an ATM (since of COURSE when I'm going with both unruly-ass kids, they can't POSSIBLY have any spaces open in the designated HR use parking spaces, which are free for 2 hours - so I ultimately had to park in the expensive patient lot on level LXZ in row 888).

I noticed the kids were pretty fixated on this sign and were laughing and pointing. Obviously I see stuff like this every day at work, so it doesn't even occur to me that it would be funny under any circumstance. So I stepped closer to listen to their conversation.


Older kid: "That lady looks like a zombie with her hands like that!"

Younger kid: "That guy looks like a zombie, too. What is this poster about? Do you have zombies in the hospital, Mommy?"

Me, laughing: "No, that's a poster about strokes. It's when someone walks funny and has slurred speech, and their arms droop, it means something happened to their brain. It's called a stroke."

Older kid: "No, that sounds like they're turning into a zombie, too. Come on mom, 'something's happening to their brain?' that sounds like code for ZOMBIES!".

Me: "It does."

Younger kid: "You DO have zombies in the hospital, Mommy! Is THAT what you mean by taking care of sick people?"

Older kid: "Oh, and you're supposed to call 911 when this happens. So I'll have to remember that. If you see Zombies, tell them there's someone having a stroke."

I didn't even tell them that people ALSO can drool a lot when they have a stroke. That would have just added to their incredulity. I might have to tell them that later...

1 comment:

  1. LMFAO!!! Something happened to their BRAAAAAIIIINNSSSSS!!!!!

    ReplyDelete