8.18.2011

You know it's bad when you're too gross for work.

I forgot to blog about this one!

So last week, I was drinking ice water out of a plastic container. These things are used for everything in my unit, from holding supplies on tables/organization to carrying around urine. So... as noted before, it was new grad week. One of them paused in mid sentence and looked at me with huge eyes and asked, "Are you drinking out of a PEE thing?". I laughed - a pee thing? And I said yeah, although it's obviously not a used one.


The following conversation ensued:

New grad: You should go get an actual specimen cup and fill it with apple juice or something, now that would REALLY freak someone out.

Me, laughing: Yeah, like during report in the morning?

New grad: Totally!

Some of the other nurses thought this was funny, too and they were all laughing.

Me: I could also add some sugar so it looks all sedimented and cloudy.

Everyone else: silent, then EWWWW!

Me: Wow. I just grossed out a pack of ICU nurses. I don't know whether to be ashamed or really proud.

No comments:

Post a Comment