8.10.2011

My locomotion is discombobulated!

Definitely the quote of my night. Admitted an older gentleman, a southerner, who said that when asked why he ended up in the hospital. He was freaking ADORABLE. Somehow I love the old men. Husband jokes that I am going to up and leave him one day for a guy who's 90 with the gross yellow toenails and good arm veins. Clearly he just doesn't understand.

So this guy kept ringing the call bell and I went in there. He said "I need to get back to bed". WTF? it's six am, you are totally in bed. Where I work, that'll earn you a roll belt. My other guy ALREADY had a roll belt. So last night I was just running from room to room putting little old men back in bed. In between doing stuff like running to CT and giving platelets and doing entire volumes of paperwork. The guy I didn't talk much about? Good lord. Whenever he wanted anything he would SHAKE HIS EVD POLE. Which is kind of as useful as poking a sharp stick around in your eye a bunch of times.

I really have no idea how the ICU karma knows when you're about to have a long sequence of days off. But somehow my last shift before vacation is ALWAYS full of crazy shit. It's like an ICU prophecy.

OFF FOR NINE - count 'em, nine! - DAYS!

No comments:

Post a Comment